You can visit our Web Site and learn about the services we provide without providing personal information. You do need to provide personal information, however, to sell, bid on or purchase items, and to participate in our user forums and other interactive portions of the Site. Certain non-personally identifiable information, such as IP address, is collected automatically from every Site visitor, even if not voluntarily provided, as discussed further below.
We collect and use personal information in the specific ways listed below, and generally to improve our Site and services to you, as well as to meet our legal obligations. We also use personal information you provide for other purposes consistent with the reason you provide such information to us.
1. Registration and Site Activity Information. The Site’s registration process requires users to provide us valid and accurate contact information including name, billing address, mobile phone number, birth date and email address (collectively, “Registration Information”).
We may verify your registration information through third-party identity verification service providers we use to assist us. This is done as an identity verification and fraud prevention measure.
One type of identity verification service is called “credit header” information. You may be required to answer a multiple-choice questionnaire compiled from information managed by consumer and business information sources. These questions can include elements from your financial history. We do not collect or store any personal information from the “credit header” process. All we receive is an indication of how many questions you answered successfully.
Another type of identity verification service we have uses your mobile phone Subscriber Data from your mobile carrier (AT&T, Sprint, T-Mobile, US Cellular, Verizon, or any other branded wireless carrier) to verify your identity. Your mobile phone Subscriber Data may include, without limitation, name, date of birth, postal address, billing zip code, telephone numbers, electronic mail addresses, credit card numbers, Customer Proprietary Network Information (CPNI), location information, handset and mobile device identifiers (International Mobile Subscriber Identity (IMSI) and International Mobile Equipment Identity (IMEI)) and other status details, if available, account information and credit information.
Pre-Fill Form Option: Identity verification using your mobile phone Subscriber Data includes a Pre-Fill Form Option for us to use to expedite verifying your identity. The Pre-Fill Form includes information verified by our mobile phone identify verification service provider. The Pre-Fill Form Option requires you to answer a question by submitting your mobile phone billing zip code. It also requires you to provide us your express opt-in consent by clicking on the “OK” button on the consent page.
You authorize your wireless operator to disclose your mobile number, name, address, email, network status, customer type, customer role, billing type, mobile device identifiers (IMSI and IMEI) and other subscriber details, if available, to GunBroker.com and service providers for the duration of the business relationship, solely for identity verification and fraud avoidance.
We collect certain information submitted during transactions on the Site based on your activities, including all purchases, as well as shipping and billing information, and other information you provide in connection with buying or shipping an item (collectively, “Transaction Information”). We may also collect certain personal information that you provide through message board discussions, chats, correspondence or dispute resolution.
Registration Information, Site Activity Information and other personal information that you provide may be used in the following ways:
For fraud protection at the time of registration;
To send you transaction-related notifications about transactions you carry out on the Site;
If and when you bid on an item, to share your name, address, telephone number, email address and bid information with the seller to facilitate the transaction;
If and when you list an item for sale, to share your contact information, including name, address, email address, telephone number and item detail with bidders to facilitate the transaction;
To perform our billing, administration and collections functions (and to contact you when necessary about these functions);
To report information about your account, including late payments, missed payments or other delinquencies or defaults on your accounts, to credit reporting bureaus;
To better understand your interests and for other marketing-related initiatives;
To communicate with you and carry out actions requested by you (such as subscriptions to newsletters), including promotional messages (some of which may be related to your transactions on the Site); and
When facilitating the investigation of fraud or illegal activity, to share information with law enforcement or other governmental agencies or authorized third parties when requested pursuant to a criminal investigation or alleged illegal activity or any other activity that may expose you, us or another Site user to legal liability.
Please see “Communications From the Site and Your Choices” below for information on controlling communications from us.
2. Financial Information. If you list items on the Site, we collect financial information including bank account and/or credit card number, expiration date, card security code and billing address. As noted under “Registration and Site Activity Information” above, we also collect credit card information from those who register using an email address from a free email provider such as Yahoo!™ Mail or Hotmail™ or Google’s Gmail. Financial information is used to bill you for transactions you carry out on the Site and to collect on fees and debts incurred through the use of the Site. If your account is past due and collection must be pursued, your contact and financial information may be shared with collection agents and/or credit reporting agencies. We share financial information with non-affiliated third parties to facilitate the completion of transactions on the Site as specified above, to respond to subpoenas, for other legal compliance purposes, and for billing and collections.
3. Contests and Surveys. If you decide to enter contests or surveys featured from time to time on the Site, you may be asked for personal information in addition to your Registration Information. This information is used in order to administer the contest or survey (for example, to contact the winner) or as otherwise disclosed on the Site at the time we collect the information.
4. Information Requests. We may ask you to provide personal information in order to allow us to respond to your requests for information or other requests made over the Site.
5. Social Media. We may collect your user name and other information you transmit to us over social media platforms such as Facebook® or Twitter® when you interact with GunBroker.com’s specific page or social media account. We use the information you provide on social media to respond to your requests or questions, to improve our services, and for other purposes as disclosed at the time of the interaction.
6. Emails from GunBroker.com. Most email messages generated by the Site result directly from the user’s actions (such as registration information, confirmation of placing a bid, confirmation of listing an item, or the user’s choice to subscribe to certain communications), or as necessary to inform you of changes to the Site or events related to the Site, or changes to the Site rules or policies. Other e-mail messages may result from marketing initiatives on the Site; however, users may opt-out of receiving marketing messages; see the section below entitled “Communications from the Site and Your Choices.”
Emails from our Site may contain web beacons or “clear .gifs.” These are small graphic images that can be used for recording when an email has been opened in order to track the performance of email marketing campaigns. We and our third party service providers currently log responses from web beacons, but this information is not stored or linked to your personal information in our systems.
7. Non-personal information. We automatically collect your IP address when you visit our Site. We use your IP address to help diagnose problems with our server, and to administer our Site. Your IP address is used to gather broad demographic information, and to track usage patterns in the Site. We also may collect geo-location information, device identification number and type, computer and connection information, statistics about page views and standard web log information. We do not correlate this information with data about individual users (though our third-party analytics companies and/or advertisers may do so – see below under “Website Analytics” and “Banner Advertising” for your choices in this regard).
You can decide if and how your computer will accept cookies by configuring your preferences option within your web browser. To disable this function in your web browser, choose the “help” menu and follow the instructions for deleting cookies and preventing your browser from downloading additional cookies. If you choose to reject cookies, you can still browse our Site, but you may be unable to post on the Site or use the Site as a buyer or seller, or otherwise to access certain aspects of the services available on the Site. We do not store personal or confidential information in cookies (although our third party advertisers may – see below under “Banner Advertising”)
9. General Uses. In addition to the foregoing, we will use your personal information as specifically described on the Site at the time of collection (for example, to share with a charity in the case of your participation in a charity auction). We may also use your information internally to customize your experience with our company and our Site (for example, adapting the Site to your browser), to help us develop new products and services, to verify your identity, to collect debts or fees owed to us, or to investigate or settle inquiries or disputes, and for other legally required or permissible purposes.
10. Website Analytics. In addition, we have contracted with a number of third party analytics providers to better help us operate the Site, report Site traffic, statistics and other activities on the Site, specifically including the success of advertising campaigns conducted on the Site, By placing cookies on your computer, these services collect information such as how often you visit the Sites, what pages you visit or what banners you “click through,” and the site you were visiting prior to coming to the Site during your visit.
11. Mobile Devices. In addition to the information described above, we and our third-party service providers may collect additional information when you utilize any of our mobile applications, including the type of mobile device you use, the temporary or persistent unique device identifiers (sometimes called UDID), the IP address of your mobile device, your mobile operating system, the type of mobile Internet browsers you use, and information about the way you use our mobile applications.
If you utilize any of the location-based services in our mobile applications, such as the functionality that allows you to search for a participating FFL in your area, we and our third-party service providers may collect, use, and share location data, including the real-time geographic location of your device. We use such information to provide and improve location-based products and services. You may opt-out from further allowing us to have access to your location data by adjusting the permissions in your mobile device.
II. How We Share Your Information
We hire contractors to provide certain services on our behalf, including trend and statistical analysis, marketing campaigns, information processing and storage, and development of new products and services. As part of their services to us, these contractors may have access to some or all of the data that we maintain, including transaction data and your personal information, but they are always required to maintain the confidentiality of information they receive from us and are restricted from using the information for any purposes other than those authorized by us.
We do not share your personal information with any third parties for such third parties’ marketing purposes, unless you have opted into such sharing.
III. Communications From the Site and Your Choices
1. Email Messages from Us. The Site sends three types of email communications: (1) notifications related to activities such as purchases on the Site, (2) ‘Saved Search’ notifications, and (3) promotional email messages, which may include newsletters or other subscription-based communications, follow-on messages with respect to your activities on the Site, or other marketing from us about our products and services, or those of our affiliates or trusted partners. Please see the descriptions below with respect to your choices for each.
(1) Bids or Purchases on the Site. Notifications related to activity on the Site are generated as a result or registering as a user of the Site, bidding on or purchasing items, or listing items for sale. These notifications can include bid confirmations, winning bidder notices, item listing confirmations, item sold notifications, monthly statements, billing messages, and other notifications related to activity on the Site. You cannot opt out of receiving notifications related to transaction activity on the Site; however, if you do not bid nor list items and your account balance is zero you will not receive any such notifications from the Site.
If you are a registered buyer or seller on the Site we may send you certain notices, such as notices of a substantial change in the policies and/or operation of the Site. These notices are sent infrequently and cannot be opted out of other than by closing your account with us.
(2) Saved Search. Saved Search notifications are generated at your request to inform you when items matching certain search criteria have been listed on the Site. There are removal instructions at the bottom of every such notification message. You can delete your saved searches to stop receiving the notifications by going to My GunBroker then clicking Saved Searches. Removal instructions appear on that page.
(3) Promotional Messages. GunBroker.com may send a variety of promotional messages, but you are free to opt out of these at any time. Some promotional emails relate to newsletters or other subscription-based items that you may control by logging into My GunBroker and visiting the Preferences page to update your choices with respect to promotional emails You may also click here and follow the instructions on the subsequent pages to opt out, or follow the instructions provided on the promotional message at issue.
2. Cookies and Third Party Tracking. As noted above under “Website Analytics” and below under “Banner Advertising,” we contract with third party service providers and advertising companies who provide us information on the use of the Sites by visitors and the success of our advertising campaigns. As described in those sections, you may visit certain designated Web sites in order to opt out of tracking of your activities on the Sites and other Web sites.
Notwithstanding any other provision, we may engage a data provider who may collect web log data from you (including IP address and information about your browser or operating system), or place or recognize a unique cookie on your browser to enable you to receive customized ads or content through web, mobile or other media channels. These cookies contain no personally identifiable information. The cookies may reflect de-identified demographic or other data linked to data you voluntarily have submitted to us, e.g., your email address, that we may share with a data provider solely in hashed, non-human readable form. To opt-out of these data provider cookies, please visit http://www.aboutads.info/choices or http://www.networkadvertising/choices.
IV. Children’s Privacy
The Site is not intended for or directed to persons less than 18 years of age. We do not knowingly solicit or collect personal information from or about children, and we do not knowingly market our services to children. If you are under 18 years of age, do not use the Site.
V. For Persons Outside the United States
The Site has reasonable security measures in place to protect the loss, misuse and alteration of the information under our control. When you submit sensitive information via our Sites, such as credit card information, that information is subject to secure sockets layer (SSL) encryption technology. However, no data transmission over the Internet can be guaranteed as 100% secure. As a result, while we strive to protect your personal information during transmission, we cannot ensure or warrant the security of any information you transmit to us or receive from us. We urge you to take steps to keep your personal information safe (including your account password), log out of your account after use, and close your web browser. If you do share your password or personal information with anyone, you are responsible for all actions taken in your account’s name. If you lose control of your password, you may lose considerable control over your personal information and may be subject to legally binding actions taken on your behalf. Because of this, if the security of your password has been compromised in any way, you are responsible for immediately notifying us and for changing your password.
You can review your personal information by logging into our Site, and you should act to update it promptly upon changes in your personal information or to correct any errors in it. You might not be able to alter or delete a public posting once you make it. At your request, we will close your account and make your personal information not publicly viewable as soon as reasonably possible, in accordance with applicable law.
VIII. Other Site-Related Items
1. Public Forums. The Site makes chat rooms, forums, message boards, and/or news groups available to its users. Please remember that any information that is disclosed in these areas becomes public information and you should exercise caution when deciding to disclose your personal information. We strongly recommend that you do not post your email address or other personal information in our forums because this information is publicly available for anyone to see and unscrupulous third parties may use this information to form ‘spam’ lists or may otherwise misuse this information. We are not responsible for the use or misuse of information posted by you in public forums by other users of the Site
2. Banner Advertising. We may use third-party advertising companies to serve ads when you visit our Site. These third-party advertising companies may also separately place or recognize a cookie file on your browser in the course of delivering advertisements to the Site. Using cookies or other technology, these third party advertising providers may use information about your computer, combined with personally identifiable information collected by the advertiser, about your visits to the Site and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services of interest to you. You may visit the website of the Network Advertising Initiative, an alliance of online advertisers, the link to which appears below, to learn more about practices with respect to personal data within the online advertising industry, and to opt-out from such practices where possible:
3. California Do Not Track Disclosures. At this time, there is no worldwide uniform or consistent industry standard or definition for responding to, processing, or communicating “Do Not Track” signals. Thus, the Site is unable to respond to “Do Not Track” signals. Please refer to the instructions in your browser in order to determine the appropriate settings in order to signal your preferences in this regard, but be aware that all of the functionality of the Site may not be available to you if your settings block tracking cookies placed by us or by third parties. In order to block our third party advertisers from tracking you across the Site and other sites, please see the instructions in Section VIII(2) re Banner Advertising.
4. Other Sites. The Site may contain links to the websites of third parties. We are not responsible for and have no liability for the privacy policies or practices of those websites. We recommend that you review the privacy policies of each website you visit.
5. Submissions. Suggestions, materials or other intellectual property sent or transmitted to us via our Site are governed by the separate terms applicable to such materials identified at the time of submission (if any). All such items shall be deemed to be non-confidential, and we shall have no obligation of any kind with respect to such items and shall be free to use and distribute them to others without limitation, including, but not limited to developing and marketing products incorporating them.
X. Contacting Us
You may review, update and modify your Registration Information by logging in and visiting My GunBroker / Account Info on the Site. You may also change your communications preferences by visiting My GunBroker / Preferences in order to unsubscribe from or opt in to certain email communications from the Site.
If you have any concern about the privacy practices of the Site, please contact us at following address with a detailed description, and we will try to resolve it.
You can Contact Customer Support
Effective Date: March 21, 2019